ELGIN Broom Bear
Looking for a maneuverable yet powerful compact mechanical sweeper? If so, consider the Broom Badger from Elgin Sweeper. This dual-engine sweeper is easy to operate and maintain and does not require a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) to operate, making it ideal for municipal and contractor customers who need powerful cleaning in a size that benefits their operations. The compact, low-profile design allows easy access to tree-lined streets. And the short, 109-inch (2769 mm) wheelbase and tight turning radius give the operator great maneuverability for cul-de-sac curb lines and tightly winding streets without sacrificing sweeping performance.
ROBUST SIDE BROOMS
The Broom Badger features large dual side brooms with a maximum 10′ sweep path. The direct drive brooms are controlled in-cab for down pressure and tilt angle. The trailing arm design with spring kickback protects them from damage when sweeping close to obstacles. Four solid steel arms on each broom feature chrome shafts with composite greaseless bushings on all pivot points. These bushings reduce daily maintenance and have a long lifespan that results in lower overall operating costs.
EFFICIENT MAIN BROOM
The 58” polypropylene main broom is hydraulically driven. The elevator is slightly wider for close broom placement, providing more efficient material lifting and maximizing broom effectiveness. Self-aligning bearings for the broom mount and the free floating design ensure smooth movement over road surfaces. Simple adjustments for down pressure can be made to prevent broom coning.
AN EASY CHOICE
Even the best equipment is only as good as an operator’s ability to master it. That is why the Broom Badger is engineered with ease of operation in mind. It begins with a comfortable, quiet cab matched with outstanding maneuverability that includes a tight turning radius for precise sweeping performance and variable dump height for optimal material handling. To minimize downtime, the Broom Badger offers easy access to all key service points. Its many advantages include:
- Non-CDL; 19,500 lb GVWR chassis
- Left side variable high dump hopper configuration
- Compact wheelbase while offering powerful sweeping performance
- A 4 yd3 hopper, with optional LifeLiner greatly improves the life, durability and functionality of the hopper.
- Dual 42″ side brooms create a 10′ wide sweeping path.
NO CDL REQUIRED
Looking for a maneuverable, powerful, compact mechanical sweeper? Consider the Broom Badger from Elgin Sweeper. This compact dual-engine sweeper is easy to operate and maintain, and does not require a CDL to operate, making it ideal for municipalities and contractors who need reliable, powerful cleaning without a full-size sweeper. The low-profile design uses best-in-class components, has reduced operating weight, and consumes less fuel than older equipment. The short wheelbase and tight turning radius give the operator great maneuverability for cul-de-sac curb lines and winding streets.
SUPERIOR MECHANICAL SWEEPER DESIGN
The Broom Badger is mounted on a 19,500 lb. GVWR Class 5 cab-over chassis with air ride suspension for operator comfort and highway travel speed for quick transport. The cab-over design provides excellent visibility and has a short 109” wheelbase and tight 16’9” turning radius for exceptional maneuverability. Spot mirrors and low-cut windows enable broad gutter broom viewing. A standard dual-camera and color monitor system provide additional views for increased safety when sweeping.
- Efficient Kubota 65 HP T4 Final engine
- Variable speed main broom and squeegee
- Robust and efficient hydraulic system
- Easy access to all components
- Only 6 grease points on sweeper body
- All pivot points feature chrome shafts with greaseless, long life bushings
- Adjustable conveyor speed with auxiliary engine RPM
- Optional LifeLiner system for the hopper
INNOVATION AT WORK
A closer look at the Elgin Broom Badger reveals innovative design features, systems, and components that not only simplify operation and improve performance but also make maintenance and servicing faster and easier. The result is the optimal efficiency of your operations, as you reduce maintenance requirements and downtime. The Broom Badger brings you an array of innovative systems including:
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM Innovation on the Broom Badger can be found in the hydraulic system as well. The resulting system uses robust gear pumps to that reduce waste across the system meaning the auxiliary engine can run at lower RPMs. Cartridge valves are used throughout, yielding a durable and easy to maintain system. In cab electrical controls, external filter and restriction indicators, and low oil level shut-down are standard. All hydraulic valves are located in one ground level area for easy maintenance.
- HEAVY DUTY SQUEEGEE ELEVATOR The Broom Badger’s wide direct drive squeegee elevator handles heavy-duty sweeping applications. The updated design borrows elements from Elgin’s family of mechanical sweepers and delivers quieter operation in and out of the cab. For easy servicing and upkeep, the elevator cover opens wider for clean out. Due to the updated hydraulic system, the speed of squeegee elevator is now easily adjustable based on the auxiliary engine RPM in the truck cab. This allows an operator to quickly and easily adjust to varying debris conditions.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM The Broom Badger’s simple electrical system has been carefully designed to be extremely easy to navigate. It is hard wired with no controllers and all electrical controls are sealed in a weather-proof systems locker. Wires are hot stamped with functions identified for easy trouble shooting.
JDC coupled with our JDC Know-How, has the expertise when it comes to equipment maintenance, and performance. If you need a top-of-the-line vacuum cleaner we’re the ones you need to call. Our mission at the JDC is to get our customers outfitted with the right equipment for the task, and the Elgin Whirlwind vacuum sweeper is just that.